Monday, May 24, 2010

The new kid has settled in!

Well Tramp has finally stopped hissing at Simon, they even were on the same chair the other day.. Progress for sure.


Simon has been with us just over two weeks and yesterday he got out and when I picked him up and headed to the house he had a fit... he scratched and bit at me.. He is a tom after all and I doubt he ever spent much time in anyone’s loving home. Today I decided to bite the proverbial bullet and let him out. I know, I know cats live longer if they are inside cats. But there is no way I am going to be able to keep him in. I have a fenced yard and the dogs can come and go as they please with the deck door open and now they can't so we decided to see what would happen. Well he wandered and then came back to hang out with me and the other furkids as I did my landscaping. He rolled in the grass and seemed to love it. After spending all day outside with me he came in and ate and then curled up on my bed for a nap. Now I feel better.. He really is home..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Your vet really is a great vet. She treated my Black Lab, Spencer, in her previous position. I wish she hadn't left. My/our loss is your gain. Say hi to her from Spencer and Sebastian!

Velma said...

That sounds perfect. I knew he would love going out. I am sure he has been an "outdoor" cat his whole life....so hanging out in the yard is perfect for him...